Thursday, February 24, 2011

Display Cabinet - The Duke

One of the minis in my Catachan army that received a lot of attention on the tournament I recently attended was my remake of the Duke aka Duke Nuke ‘Em. As a response to that, I have looked at my collection of pictures, and found those that shows how the display base and the duke was modeled.

The inspiration:

Modeling the display base:
I wanted a min that could be used for gaming, so I made a base resting on top of the display base. It just turned out that the claw of the Genestealer was just perfect to make the base stick to the display stand…


Modelling the Duke:
Catachan troopers wear sun-glasses, so that made the selection of the head easy, all I had to do was to add a flat-top hair-cut using greenstuff. The bandoliers is modeled using bits from the Space Marine Scout Bikers + greenstuff.

Painting the display base:

The Duke completed:

/Nicolai aka Atoom

No comments:

Post a Comment