Friday, February 18, 2011

A new toy - Airbrush!

Last Friday I got a new toy - An Airbrush. I see a huge potential in the airbrush as a tool for painting minis - Not only Tanks but also smaller dolls like infantry...

I have to show you the kind of WIN I got from 45 minutes of testing the magic of airbrushing (remember that I am a NOOB with less than 2 hrs of air-bush experience in total before starting the endeavour).

I started practicing on some paper, but soon moved on to spraying a Manticore missile tank for my IG army. I started from black undercoat, and sprayed the vehicle camo green as base:

Then I applied masking using masking tape:
Sprayed brown (& white on the misiles) and removed the masking
45 minutes later including some silver and black ink (and all the boring stuff like cleaning the air-brush):

/Nicolai aka Atoom

No comments:

Post a Comment