Monday, May 16, 2011

Dark Eldar Colour Test v2.0

A while back I was looking for a colours scheme for my newly started Dark Eldar army. Originally this was a quest for a shortcut for painting the Elves using a combination of airbrush and inks – But it really was a failure. The test dolls wasn’t to my liking, and I spend quite a while thinking about how to avoid painting my Dark Eldar just like anyone else, and guess what I failed - AGAIN!

Then I came across this awesome guide on the blog "All Things 40k" that inspired me to give the codex paint style a try.
First here is the link to the guide used for painting my DE dolls v2.0:
It's really good, and definately something that I'm going to build my final Dark Eldar paint process on.

Second here is a picture of the result – Bear in mind that these are far from complete, and that the main purpose is to see the combination of leather and coloured armour.


I really like the blue version, but it just looks too WFB Highelf to me – It does not really give me that “oh-my-god-those-are-some-mean-dudes” feeling, so I think that I’m going to stick with the red version. I was really amazed how easy it was painting this, all it takes is a steady hand and a method to ensure that you don’t miss some armour plates in the paint process...

Finally you deserve a laugh – Here is version 1.0 of the colour test. Behold UGLY! :o)


/Nicolai aka Atoom

1 comment:

  1. They both look great, interesting adaptation on the red. :)

    Thanks for the plug, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete